Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I'm Taking It Back

Yesterday I made a sarcastic remark about defense secretary nominee Robert Gates and called him "Captain Obvious."

Well, I take that back and apologize to Mr. Robert Gates.

In fact, what he was doing was something I haven't seen in so long from our current administration that I failed to notice it at first. It took a while to sink in.

HE WAS TELLING THE TRUTH!


Just last month, Bush said that we were absolutely winning the war in Iraq.

Then Robert Gates goes before the senate and the American people and says "No, we're not."

I like this guy! He actually told the truth and directly contradicted what Bush said just weeks ago.

Robert Gates is a stand up man.

Well done sir, and please, continue your truthful streak.

1 comment:

Some Guy said...

I'm not as optimistic as you. For some reason I smell a truthteller in sheep's clothing. I hope you're right.