Tuesday, December 12, 2006

There Is No Santa!!

Teacher tells tearful kids: there is no Santa

You know what? I agree with this teacher.

Good for her.

We were all told lies and we all found out there is no Christmas. And who told you? An older sibling? Some other kid on the street?

What is wrong with telling kids, "Hey, if you're good, maybe you'll get that special toy you've been wanting. But you have to be good for ME. You have to be good for Mom. You have to be good for Dad."

Why fill the kid's head with a fantasy and not the facts?

It'll spare the kid the disappointment.

Besides, of all the kids in the world... how many does Santa, Father Christmas, Kris Kringle, etc.. etc... visit? Because there are a whole hell of a lot that he doesn't.

2 comments:

matt said...

I figured it out on my own when I was a kid. It was kinda like the end of "Usual Suspects" when you see realization wash over Chazz Palmentari.

Lauren K said...

I got kicked out of someone's house for telling this particular truth at 4. I guess I learned my lesson.